I.C.E. Fest beach festival deemed a success
McRecord | Feb 28, 2024The annual Ice Carousel Extravaganza (I.C.E.) Fest was able to go ahead this year as "Beach Fest" due to lack of ice on the lake. Organizers Chuck Zwilling and Becca (Zwilling) Ruegemer talked about how this year's modified event still managed to be a great success.

A visit to I.C.E. Fest's Enchanted Forest
Jeff Hage | Feb 23, 2024 Updated Mar 4, 2024 [Archived e-edition]Visitors to I.C.E. Fest on Saturday, Feb. 17 had an opportunity to wander into the world of Disney’s Frozen, with Princess Anna of Arendelle on her throne in Girl Scout Troop 87’s Enchanted Forest, which was located on the I.C.E. Fest grounds on Green Prairie Fish Lake. Anna was played by Kate Elwellyn of Troop 87. She is pictured with her son Solomon. See more photos from I.C.E. Fest on Page 16.
Scenes from the 2024 I.C.E. Fest - (AI Enhanced text)
Photos by Jeffry Kopp, Morrison County RecordTop Left Section: A popular attraction at I.C.E. Fest was a sledding activity that used a fulcrum connected to a sled to give people a fun-filled ride on ice. A person or two pushed the bar in a circular motion that, in turn, gave a rider a sensory sled ride.
Bottom Left Section: Santa Claus looks out over his tiny wagon en route to standard horse-drawn wagon rides on Forest Drive along the shore of Green Prairie Fish Lake. Santa's wagon was sponsored by Triple S Pumpkins.
Top Right Section: The main attraction of I.C.E. Fest since its conception has been the ice carousels that find a home on Green Prairie Fish Lake each year. Devoted to a recent world record-setting carousel in the photo above, Chuck from Kentucky and an I.C.E. Fest volunteer push the small carousel that was featured this year on Green Prairie Fish Lake.
Bottom Right Section: The offer to learn about the sport of curling was a popular event that crossing many age groups during I.C.E. Fest on Saturday, Feb. 17 on Green Prairie Fish Lake.