Header Ads

McRecord | I.C.E. Fest to become a beach party

Weather forcing I.C.E. Fest to become a beach party

Jeffrey Hage Feb 15, 2024 Updated Feb 15, 2024

 

The much-anticipated Sunny Zwilling Memorial Ice Carousel Extravaganza is going to be held on island times when the annual I.C.E. Fest converges on Green Prairie Fish Lake near Little Falls this Saturday, Feb. 17 and Sunday, Feb. 18.

 

I.C.E. Fest is an annual celebration hosted by the Pay it Forward Foundation, dedicated to bringing joy to the community while raising funds for underprivileged children.

 

Organizers of I.C.E. Fest are transforming the event into a Beach Fest because of the unseasonable warm weather that has resulted in dangerous ice conditions on area lakes.

 

“We are thrilled to unveil the exciting transformation of I.C.E. Fest 2024 into “Beach Fest”- all the same fun of I.C.E. Fest but on land,” I.C.E. Fest organizers announced in a prepared statement. “For those who’ve been hesitant due to the ice, this is your golden opportunity to dive into the festivities without stepping onto the frozen lake,” organizers stated.

 

I.C.E. Fest was to be originally held on the ice off the landing at Darling & Green Prairie Township Park where five ice carousels were to be constructed within a larger ice carousels- each representing one of the places in the world where the world record for largest ice carousels have been set. Representatives from Finland, Estonia, Quebec, Maine and the Little Falls I.C.E. Fest were to be on hand at the local 2024 event.

 

The heart of the action will at Darling & Green Prairie Township Park, but not on the ice as originally planned. The I.C.E Fest “Beach Fest” will be held on shore this year, right next to the landing, organizers stated.

 

Dubbed “Beach Fest,” “We’re taking I.C.E. Fest to the next level with a fantastic setup for activities and a warming tent nestled in the charming park.” event organizers stated.

 

I.C.E. Fest activities will include human foosball and human bowling and traditional winter sports like hockey and curling right off the shore. at 4 p.m. Saturday there will be “Fireworks Fun,” a spectacular celebration in honor of World Ice Carousel Day.

 

There will also be a the warming tent and food tent on the grounds.

 

Organizers are keeping their fingers crossed, hoping that I.C.E. Fest visitors will still be able to witness the mesmerizing Ice Carousel- from shore- if conditions permit.

 

One hundred percent of donations received during I.C.E. Fest will help feed hungry kids and clothe kids through Flyer Pride Pack and Kare Kloset.

 

Beach Fest is still slated for Feb. 17 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and the 18th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

 

[Archived]